Furniture Removal Service
When it comes time to get rid of old furniture, there can be many reasons for procrastination: lack of time, lack of physical resources, and sentimentality are only a few roadblocks. Furniture removal is labor-intensive and even dangerous in some situations, which is why it is so important to contact a professional.
Even if you think you can handle the haul with a few friends or co-workers, you may be overlooking some important issues. Before you decide to call in favors from people and put them in potential danger, consider the following ways having a professional furniture removal company will help:
- Efficiency: This may seem obvious, but professional movers have their own methods for removing items. They deal in unwanted or broken furniture all day, and have developed a system for moving quickly and safely. What they can accomplish in one hour may take you all day (or longer).
- Liability: Say one of your neighbors is lifting a heavy table and injures his back, and he winds up with loads medical bills. Are you insured for this type of situation? It may sound unlikely, but injuries can happen in a blink of an eye when a person isn’t trained properly. Even something as simple as cut can turn into an infection, and if you don’t have special insurance, it could cost you a lot of money.
- Legality: Professional furniture removal companies are aware of the ways property can be disposed. For instance, there may be limitations around where certain materials can be dumped or donated, so it helps to have someone well-versed in the rules.
- Safety: Old furniture can actually cause damages to your health. Not only can old furniture hold a lot of dust, they also can carry poisons like mercury and lead. Formaldehyde can be found in older pressed wood, and bed bugs can live in several items. Hiring a professional ensures safe furniture removal, and alleviates personal risk in a major way.
- Responsibility: Hiring a professional to remove your furniture will also guarantee everything is recycled or donated properly. Certain restrictions may prevent certain donations, and instead of wasting hours trying to figure it out, you can entrust professionals to know the limitations.
- Aesthetically: It may not seem like it now, but that old furniture is wasting a lot of functional space. Once it’s finally gone, you can organize a lot easier.
Don’t put yourself and others in a potentially dangerous situation, or sacrifice hours of personal time. Make sure you hire a company that will make the process seamless, so you can go back to your life without the added stress. Not only will your space feel more open, it will allow for better functionality.
Even if you are hanging on to it for sentimental reasons, old furniture is just taking up space that could be put to better use. You don’t have to take chunks out of your day, just give us a call, and we’ll take care of your furniture removal without any hassle.